Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter for us

I hope you all had a great Easter weekend, ours was quiet and full of egg dying and too much chocolate! Our first Easter back in the States, back in 2002, I realized that just giving chocolate eggs to children was not the norm, I became a fast learner in the Easter Basket department! You see in England we just give Chocolate eggs, they are hollow and are filled with candy. This year the boys had the best of both worlds, Nanny had sent them Chocolate Eggs from England and the Easter Bunny brought them a basket of goodies on Easter morning.

The boys holding their British Easter eggs! I managed to get a picture quick before they ripped into the boxes!

We dyed our eggs on the Saturday and made some bunny cookies. Normally I use the pots to dye the eggs, were you add the vinegar. This year I had brought the Tye Dye kit, looked different and fun. Oh was I wrong, first of all I did not realize that the eggs had to be warm when applying the dye in this kit, and it was slightly awkward having to transfer the eggs to a new a baggie every time you wanted to add a new color. I think next year we shall go back to the good old dye pots. The boys had fun and they said our eggs looked like dinosaur eggs!

Our Dinosaur Eggs!

The boys were very excited on Easter morning, that crazy Easter Bunny had left eggs throughout the house.


The rest of Easter Sunday was spent relaxing at home, while the boys played with their goodies they got in their baskets, and Jon and I were the candy police!

No comments: