Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The biggest slice of Pizza I have ever seen

I meant to blog about this last week, but there just isn't enough blog hours in the day right now! My darling hubby owed me big time last week, as I helped him write one of his papers for school. So he took me out to lunch, Aaron and I met him at work and off we went just a short trip to a pizza place Jon has talked a lot about, as far as he is concerned it is the best pizza ever!
Personally I am not a huge pizza lover, it's dough, tomato sauce and cheese, whether I make it myself, buy it from Wally world, or delivered from Papa Johns, pizza is pizza to me. Giovanni's pizza place is tucked away in a small shopping strip just by the Air Force base and Veterans Hospital, and is very popular at lunch time. It is just like stepping back in time into an old fashioned Pizza Joint.


You order by the slice or you can order whole pizza's, they do calzones, manicotti (not quite sure what that is), salads and other Italian delights. We ordered our pizza and sat at a booth, Aaron insisted he needed a high chair, we told him he didn't that he was a big boy now and that he could sit next to either Mommy or Daddy, but no the boy needed that high chair. I knew he would get stuck, and figured he would learn the hard way! (which he did)
Now despite the fact that it was busy and only 2 staff were working our slices were ready pretty quickly, Jon brought them over to the table, and I think my mouth dropped to the floor, I have never seen a slice of pizza that big. We were going to be there a long time, it takes Aaron forever to eat, how he was going to eat his slice was going to be one of those"here let Daddy help you" moments!


I was so WRONG, Aaron folded his slice up and chowed down, he ate every piece of it, and loved it, and I have to say it is the best pizza I have eaten and by far the biggest!

No comments: