Tuesday, March 17, 2009

NO!

Oh that 2 letter word that is an essential part of our vocabulary. As a parent I seem to use it more than I would like too,

"Mom can I have heely's"................. "No"

"No, do not touch that"

"Mom can I stay up tonight?" ..................."No it is a school night"

But when your 3 yr old, reaches that delightful stage when everything is "No" it takes on a whole new meaning. Not only does No constantly come out of his mouth, but the foot stomping, hands on hips, glare that accompanies the two letter word certainly brightens your day.


Yes, Mr Aaron has been at that stage for a few months now, and these last couple of days have been a struggle, everything is NO, or my personal favorite WHY. I have got to the stage now where I pretty much know which response he will use if I ask him to do something, which yes can be funny, but on the flip side is frustrating.
So this morning I was reading some articles online about the Toddler/No stage and I have never been really one of those parents who reads all the self help stuff, but these articles where interesting, some what informative, and funny. Because I seriously did not know how healthy it was for my 3yr old to constantly tell me NO, are you kidding me, yes people, after the 20th time your toddler has told you NO, please remember that it is normal and healthy.

1 comment:

Karissa said...

ok that is the cutest pic ever!