Monday, February 2, 2009

England got Snow!!!! OMG

Today is my Mom's birthday, so the boys and I rang her at work this morning before my eldest headed off for the bus stop. During the conversation the words "we got snow" were uttered and I did a double take, did my Mom just say she got snow!
Growing up across the pond, I only vividly remember one winter of snow, I think I was about 6 and we were at Granny's house in Kent. So after talking to my Mom this morning I checked out some of the news sites I read from back home, and it seemed that my poor old home country had a national snow day! I wanted to share some of the pics I foun
d, I love the snow and bearing in mind living in the middle of the desert, we don't get a lot, but when we do I am the first to go out and play in it!

This poor PC is going to need a cup of tea!





Only in England do you build a Dalek instead of a snowman!

From all accounts they are suppose to get more snow, brings back memories of the snow we had here in New Mexico back in 2006. Now bearing in mind the folks back home are not really use to this much snow, unless you live in Scotland, parts of Kent and in Yorkshire. Most of these pictures I have shared with you are from the London area and I can only imagine the havoc that the white stuff caused!

No comments: