Monday, May 11, 2009

Cub Scouting Fun Filled Weekend

This past weekend we had a fun packed time involving Nature Centers, Rock Climbing and Roses! Saturday Brendan and I headed out the Rio Grande Nature Center were the boys got to see Owls and birds of prey. We hiked down to the river and boys got to do some weather experiments, the weather was slightly warm, but the boys had fun looking for frogs and climbing trees.

Some of the owls and birds of prey we saw

The Gang down by the river
Me and Mr Brendan
My Mothers day was nice and my gift from my boys and my hubby was AWESOME. I got a couple of rose bushes, which was really nice. I have never had my own roses to grow before, now there is a funny side to this because when it comes to growing plants I have a pretty bad track record, hubby thought that it would be really nice if I could have roses all the time, so here's hoping I can!
My roses


Then my Mothers Day was rounded off with a trip to the new indoor rock climbing gym (not exactly a Mothers Day activity, but it was fun and I even did some climbing!) Our Cub Scout Pack had arranged a trip to the new indoor rock climbing gym, some of the boys had climbed before, but Brendan and Aaron had not. Aaron tried it twice but was a little scared. Once Brendan realized that he couldn't fall because Daddy was belaying him, our spider monkey made it all the way to the top!


Our Spider monkey!
Mr Aaron hanging on for dear life!
Our weekend was busy, fun and rewarding. I am one lucky Mom and wife! I hope all the Moms out there had a great Mothers Day

No comments: