Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Dentist, A Doctor and a Lost Son!

Yesterday could not of been any worse for me. One of those days I would like to erase and re-do, I wonder as Mom's if we can have re-do days!? because I needed one yesterday. Brendan was scheduled for the Dentist in the morning because the boy had another cavity, and I was planning on being there. Whenever he has dental work done he has to take antibiotics because of his heart condition. But the dental appointment was last minute because it was the mobile dentist at school, and I completely forgot to give him his antibiotics, realizing this I raced to school to let them know he could not be seen, which was okay but wanted him seen either later in the day or the following day. Of course we had none of his antibiotics at home so from school I went straight to his Dr's office to see if I could get a prescription. Now before I tell you what happened next, Aaron was with me during this exciting adventure and he was none best pleased about being in and out of his car seat. He loves going to the Dr's office because of the large fish tank that is on display in the pieds waiting room. While Aaron was naming fish I waited for the receptionist to be ready. Without sounding frantic about needing drugs for my 8yr old son I explained the problem to the receptionist and she headed back to see if the Dr was here.



The nurse came and told me that the boys Dr needed to see me, of course a scene errupted because I had to tell Aaron we were leaving his precious fish. The Nurse tried bribing him with a sucker and a sticker, and the look on my son's face was one of those that said "lady, you will have to do better than that!" We made it back to the Dr's office and the words "you need to come and sit with Mommy" were uttered as Aaron headed for his escape. The Dr was then trying to tell me that due to new regulations Brendan no longer needs antibiotics when he has dental work done, and out of the corner of my eye realized that my little escape artist was gone, and when I say gone he had escaped, myself and about 6 nurses were calling his name and they were frantically asking me what he was wearing, Mr Aaron had made it back in to the waiting room without anyone seeing him because he would of had to pass 2 nurses and was out in the main waiting room. So there I am relieved that Aaron was found but wanted to tell him off but I am stood in the middle of the waiting room and everyone is staring waiting for my response! How I found the strength to stay calm and quietly say "You scared me, you have to stay with Mommy" I do not know!

So after losing my son, we had to head back to the school and get Brendan in for his dental appointment. If there is such a thing as a re-do, I really would of liked one that day!

No comments: