Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Buttons will be pushed!

The last few weeks in the Walker household have been a learning curve to say the least.  Our eldest is at the pre-teen, "I want to be a teenager" so badly stage, that if he keeps going the way he is going, he might not make it!

Now bearing in mind he is not 10 till December, but the pre-teen, tweenie, whatever you want to call it is in full effect!  So last night I did some research online, just reading up on how to combat the constant arguing and attitude, and I came across this very fitting statement:

"If you expect a preteen to always listen and do exactly what you say, buttons are going to get pushed."


...................and believe you me, Brendan knows how to push my buttons!
But the article was informative and helpful, so anyone who needs a quick 101 on surviving male tweens!!

here is the link:
http://www.preteenagerstoday.com/articles/parenting-strategies/boy-basics-101-1093/

No comments: